DDC Budgam reviews progress of Languishing Projects, implementation of various schemes

11/02/2020 - 18/02/2020 Budgam

Budgam, Feb, 11:  The District Development Commissioner, Budgam, Tariq Hussain Ganae today chaired a meeting to take review of implementation of various schemes including MGNREGA, B2V2, Ayushman Bharat, social welfare schemes and status of languishing projects.

The meeting among others was attended by SE PDD, CPO, ACD, ACR, DSWO, DIO, Executive Engineers of PHE, PDD, R&B and other concerned.

At the outset, the DDC took scheme wise review of various departments including Social Welfare, Agriculture, Horticulture, Health RDD and Election department.

While taking stock of the status of ISSS and NSAP schemes, the DDC urged upon the concerned to ensure timely sanctioning of assistance to all pending beneficiaries under ISSS and NSAP. The chair was informed that there were total 51,691 beneficiaries availing monthly monetary assistance under ISSS and NSAP out of which 10,618 cases were sanctioned in current year only.

Reviewing the functioning of Agriculture department, the DDC was informed that 88,275 cases have been sanctioned under PM-Kisan across the district and amount has been disbursed to farmers’ accounts directly. It was also given out that under Ayushman Bharat against the target of 72225, about 52282 deserving beneficiaries have been registered so far and 43255 golden cards have been issued. He stressed on clearance of all pending cases so that maximum number of deserving beneficiaries are benefited out of the scheme.

Stressing on the completion of all pending B2V2 works and works taken under various RDD schemes, the DDC directed the concerned to strictly adhere to 60/40 ratio. It was given out that out of Rs 35.94 crores released amount under MGNREGA Rs 32.98 crores has been expended on various works so far. The DDC exhorted upon the concerned to ensure completion of all pending works at an earliest across the district. 

Reviewing the preparedness regarding the elections, the DDC was told that 1997 ballot boxes have been made available besides 20 percent reserved machinery for smooth conduct of polls to be held for the vacant Panch and Sarpanch seats.   

The DDC said that about 80 percent of the works taken under various schemes/projects pertaining to R&B, PHE, Education, PDD, Health I&FC etc under JKIDFC, languishing projects , capex to be completed at an estimated cost of Rs. 268.43 crores will be completed by June-2020. The remaining 20 percent of works presently under execution shall be completed by Decmeber-2020. He said inclement weather conditions derailed the pace of achieving the targets on due date, he however, emphasized on concerned to expedite and ensure all works under languishing projects are completed in time. The DDC further stated that some of the projects shall be inaugurated very soon.