Integrated Child Development Services Introduction:-
The Integrated Child Development Services Scheme (ICDS) is a centrally sponsored Scheme run by the Ministry of women and Child Development (GOI).
Basic aims and objectives of the scheme:-
- To improve the Nutritional and Health Status of Children in the age group of 0-6 years.
- To lay foundation for proper psychological, Physical and social development of the Children.
- To reduce the incidence of Mortality Morbidity, Mal-Nutrition and school Dropouts.
- To achieve effective coordination of policy and implement amongst the various Departments to promote Children Development.
- To enhance the capability of the Mother to look after the normal Health and Nutritional need of the child through proper Nutrition and Health Education.
The following services are rendered to the target group of beneficiaries under the scheme at 1687AWCs sanctioned by the Govt. from time to time for the District
- Supplementary Nutrition.:- Under this component supplementary Nutrition is being provided at AWCs of District Budgam to the following Target Group of Beneficiaries :-
- Children 6 months to 6 years
- Nursing Mothers
- Pregnant Ladies.
- Adolescent Girls.
- Non formal Pre School Education :- Under this component Pre-School Education is being given to the Children of the age group of 3- 6 years who stand enrolled at AWCs before they get admission in the schools.
- Health and Nutrition Education :- Necessary awareness is being made among the ladies at AWCs (Nursing and pregnant)with regard to the health of their children and Nutritious food to be provided to their Children.
- Immunization :- Immunization of target group of beneficiaries is being done at AWCs in collaboration with Health Deptt.of the respective areas.
- Health Check up :- Necessary health checkups are being conducted by the health Department to the enrolled beneficiaries at AWCs of the District.